Your roof takes a beating, year in and year out. While there’s no way to stop its degradation, you may be able to significantly extend its overall lifespan. Roof maintenance and repairs are two ways to do this. One of the lesser-known methods for making your roof last longer is the roof coating.
Roof coatings are designed to protect roofs from the damaging effects of the sun, ultraviolet (UV) rays and inclement weather. Thicker than paint, these coatings typically are made of resin and are applied using multiple gallons per every 100 square feet.
If you’d like to learn whether or not your roof could benefit from a roof coating, Green Tree Home Solutions can do an inspection and provide you with expert advice.
Roof Coating FAQs
If you’re new to the process, you might have many questions about roof coatings. Here are some facts about them:
- Roof coatings can be applied to nearly any type of commercial roofing, including TPO, modified bitumen and EPDM.
- These coats help reflect heat, reducing heat transfer and decreasing the expansion and contraction of the roof membrane.
- Roof coatings can decrease the likelihood of leaks since any existing small holes will be covered. They also add an additional waterproofing layer.
- They can increase the overall energy efficiency of your building, reducing utility costs.
- We can add coatings to new or older roofs. Roof coatings are applied using a roller, brush or spray.
- Before applying a roof coating, we must thoroughly clean your roof of debris. We can also determine whether your roof needs a primer.
Get an Estimate Today
Green Tree Home Solutions wants your roof to last as long as possible. We offer roof maintenance, repair, inspection and replacement services. Learn more about our services today. Call us at 618-767-6430 in Illinois or 314-690-1328 in Missouri, or you can fill out our online form to schedule a consultation now.